Re: Incompatible epoxies (was Re: fiberglass splinters) (fwd)

From: GMYoung@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri Sep 15 1995 - 16:45:46 PDT

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 19:45:46 -0400
From: GMYoung@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Incompatible epoxies (was Re: fiberglass splinters) (fwd)

meglin@leland.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis asks:
> I reinforced a Mistral Diamond
>Head's footstrap area with West Systems epoxy and then
>painted the whole thing
>with Pettit Easypoxy marine epoxy, and the areas where there
>was West Systems
>epoxy haven't dried (after 6 days!),
>Now, anybody know how to get the stuff to set?

If it hasn't time cured by now, it probably won't. But before wiping it off,
I'd try to heat cure it with a blow dryer (be careful about using too much
heat or concentrating it on one area for too long. You might also try
leaving it out in the sun, to see if the UV accelerates the cure.

Glenn Young
ArtScapes/Young Framing
408/374-7388

Clever Quip: "I once knew a man who complained because he had no shoes,
              until one day he met a man who had no feet"
          So he said, "Can I have your shoes?"