how to get to dumbarton launch

From: Jeff Hodges (hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Sep 15 1995 - 14:24:10 PDT

Subject: how to get to dumbarton launch
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 95 14:24:10 -0700
From: Jeff Hodges <hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis>

Since some asked...

Take favorite route from 101 to dumbarton bridge (Marsh Rd., Willow Rd., or
University Ave). when heading eastbound towards the highrise proper, you will
see an exit for "ravenswood wildlife refuge" or somesuch to the right just
before reaching the highrise. Take it and follow it parallel to the bridge. It
goes under the highrise to the north side. Park there, that's where the launch
is. Pretty obvious. There's a matching exit for Westbound traffic to use if
you're coming from the east bay.

Jeff

ps: i noticed during the extremely low morning tides the first week of Jul
(there was water only in the channel itself) that there is some sort of debris
on the western mudflats, about halfway between the western edge of the channel
and the western shore, and maybe 2 hundred yds from the launch point at a 60deg
angle from the bridge. I've never noticed it before and wonder if it is newly
arrived. Anyway, it might be a problem when sailing in lowish conditions, but
probably not when near high tide. It's the only noticable debris I've seen out
there on the east or west flats btw.