Re[3]: "Mission control, we have a problem"

From: Matt Chapman (mchapman@chronologic.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Sep 14 1995 - 10:23:07 PDT

From: Matt Chapman <mchapman@chronologic.com-DeleteThis>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 95 10:23:07 PDT
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re[3]: "Mission control, we have a problem"

This is a good idea, except that you might want to use a base with a
detachable universal, and keep the universal in a fanny pack or
someplace where it won't get in the way when you're positioning the
board for waterstarting.

Unfortunately, this setup doesn't solve the problem of the board
separating from the mast and taking off downwind. If you can't catch
the board (a distinct possibility in high wind/swell), the second base
is just going to go surfing off with the board.

Justin: Was it your Chinook base bolt that broke?

  - Matt