Re: Pilot Error? (Soft Board in footstrap area)

From: Michael Schuh (schuh@apm-iris1.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Sep 05 1995 - 16:30:23 PDT

Date: Tue, 5 Sep 1995 23:30:23 GMT
From: schuh@apm-iris1.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis (Michael Schuh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re:  Pilot Error? (Soft Board in footstrap area)

Ed,

You are a long way from a board failure due to the softness.
I think it is due to some good jumps and not pilot error.
I also think jump pads are a good idea and may help prevent this
failure mode.

I think it is a good idea to at least try and fix the softness
before it spreads and allows water into your board. Take the
board back to ASD and ask them how much it will cost to
fix it. Put some jump pads on it too. Your feet will love
you for it. Last year they fixed my epoxy board for $100. It
had the same problem.

Schuh

========
Michael J. Schuh, MS 237-2 | schuh@apm-iris1.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis
NASA Ames Research Center | Phone: (415) 604-1460
Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000 | FAX: (415) 604-6990