Re: Waddell sunday

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 28 1995 - 00:24:46 PDT

Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 00:24:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Waddell sunday
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

Third ripped late. Started on my 4.9/Seatrend 8'8". Switched to my 5.5,
and back down to my 4.9 for the peak of the ebb (5:50). Ramps were nicely
formed, 3-4' in the channel. I was getting major air (5-6')

Session was abruptly cut short around 7:15 when I busted my board. Major
kudos to Owen (english guy with a black jeep?) who sailed in back in what
remained of my board until I was able to walk it. He stayed with me till
dark, and really was an enormous help in what could have been a bad
situation.

Huge thanks also to Jeff from Windsurf Warehouse, who first stopped, Clint
from ASD who also helped sail my board, Dianne (Deanne?) who drives the
silver Saab and who also stopped, and another regular whose name I don't
know, but he's a philipino guy with a mustache who drives the white
Porsche 914 and who is also a major shredder.

Last but not least, thanks go out to the Coast Guard and Coast Guard
Auxiliary who gave me a ride back to the launch and sent a boat out for
me.

Read about it in the near future on rec.windsurfing.

     Ed Scott ShrEdding SF Bay
     shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis ..Windwing/ASD..