Re: Third today/tomorrow?

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Aug 23 1995 - 22:54:02 PDT

Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 22:54:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Sender: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Third today/tomorrow?
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

I've talked this over with a couple of folks and we noticed that there
sometimes appears to be a correlation between winds at Bodega in the
morning and a good blow at Third in the afternoon. I think it has
something to do with the windline moving from west to east as the day
progresses (not north-south), and Bodega sticks further out in the Pacific
than Third. I think when the direction is good there it also lines up
with the Coyote Gap. Don't ask me the meteorological reason. Thank you
for the onsite report.

Also, sorry for that message to Kelly Wee. It wasn't meant for the whole
list. I also hope everyone picked up on the fact that I was razzing my
co-worker Dag, who's a parasitic patent lawyer like myself, and although
he talks about it on occasion, doesn't get a chance to sail much these
days. Hell of a nice guy, though.

-shrEd
Ed Scott
shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis