Chrissy yesterday/Rio today

From: KES2%CnoFfIoc%CTS@bangate.pge.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Aug 21 1995 - 11:28:47 PDT

From: KES2%CnoFfIoc%CTS@bangate.pge.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 95 11:28:47 PDT
To: <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Chrissy yesterday/Rio today

Sailed Chrissy yesterday 12:30-5:00p way o.p. on 5.0/8'8" stinger (150#).
As there were numerous people sitting in the parking lot, and hardly anyone
on the water, I guess people got scared away by the massive hole inside. If
you were one of those unlucky souls. You need to look out to the middle of
the bay to see if it is sailable (I look at the flags on the red & white
boats coming in from the gate, if they are gently flapping and not hanging,
its blowing in the low 20's). Although it looked water-skiing flat on the
inside, the swells were quite nice outside, especially on the Marin side.

Dawn patrol this morning at Rio wend OFF. Sailed 6:15a (sun barely up) to
9:00a, Launched at sherman is. access and sailed down to The Sign o.p. on
3.6/8'3". Swells were shaped nicely and big, easy to pop numerous big airs on
every reach..... If anyone can take a morning off, if might be worth a look-
see tomorrow morning as the tide will again be a strong ebb.

KenS