Re: Board Repair Question

From: Jeff Hodges (hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 15 1995 - 10:12:56 PDT

Subject: Re: Board Repair Question
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 95 10:12:56 -0700
From: Jeff Hodges <hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis>

> Has anybody tried Ding Stick?

I have. Works great for non-structural repairs (and Jim Paugh has tales of it
being used in the Baja outback for structural, near-term repairs). Can be
sanded nice & smooth so with a little paint its just like new.

The same stuff can be had at your hardware store for much less. It's in the
plumbing section. My store had two kinds, one of which has a green hardner coat
which looked just like Ding Stick - I got that one. It purports to harden
underwater, btw (haven't tested that). Was $2.50 for a stick about half
ding-stick size. A little goes a LONG ways, so nbd.

I had it, and some sand paper in the Gorge the last few wks - glad I did since
someone had a sail get away from them on the beach and the tip slamed the
bottom of my Delta Speed and cracked the rail (sigh, but it ~was~ howling).
Anyway, one hour later the board was ready for the water again. cool beans.

Jeff