Re: sunday chrissy report?

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 14 1995 - 01:05:33 PDT

Date: Mon, 14 Aug 1995 01:05:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: sunday chrissy report?
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

4.9 on my 8'8" slalom board. It was dead at Crissy, so I launched from
the Coast Guard Station at around 4:30, just as it was coming up.
Overpowered on the inside, just after the pier, and it backed off just as
you hit the channel. It was lighter all the way to the North tower so I
stayed on the SF side. Sailed till 7:00, and it was still going strong.

It was so gusty on the inside that a guy got launched straight into my
path and I trashed his rig. I stayed with him as we were being dragged
out the Gate until I flagged down a fishing boat who gave him a ride back
in. The guy parked next to me did also trashed his rig, did get dragged out
the Gate, and a boat picked him up as well.

Friday was sweet at Natural Bridges. Nice short sesh. from 4:30-6:00,
nice swell, wind was raging. 4.9 on my Pintail. Only 8 other sailors
out. Died abruptly at 6:05 and did the swim of shame home.

-shrEd
Ed Scott
shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis