WTB: 4.2-4.5 sail, FS/swap: Fiberspar mast and Carbon wave mast

From: Mike Eglington (meglin@leland.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Jul 20 1995 - 14:22:16 PDT

Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 14:22:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Mike Eglington <meglin@leland.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: WTB: 4.2-4.5 sail, FS/swap: Fiberspar mast and Carbon wave mast

I am looking for about a 4.2-4.5 cammed (preferably fully, double, or
single cammed in that order) slalom sail, 1991 or later, to complete my
(oldish, but functional!) quiver. I can only afford swap-meet prices ($100
max). (E.g. I bought a 1992 Waddell Mono Slalom 5.9 for $40 at the
Boardsports Marin swap meet, Sunday). It must rig on a constant-curve, MCS
25-27.5 mast.

I have a Serfiac (yes Jack this was yours) carbon-composite, 'multi-cross
fiber technology', wave mast: Length 4.65m, Weight 2.7kg , Din 7.3, MCS 3-
(?? that's what it says), constant-curve, which I would swap for the sail,
or sell for $80.

I also have a Fiberspar, Red (constant-curve), 430cm, MCS 27.5, 1-piece
carbon mast, which I would like to swap for a similar 2-piece Fiberspar,
i.e. red, MCS 25 or 27.5, but preferably 460cm. My Fiberspar is almost
new: used 4 times. (I picked it up at a swap meet, but after sailing for
the first time with it, I discovered the brochure that comes with it still
in the bottom of the mast, so I believe the guy at the swap meet who said
it was new.) I need the extra length to fit the 5.9 Waddell, and 2-piece
would be more convenient, because it would fit in my pick up. You might
have a small car and tie your mast to the roofrack anyway, so that 2-piece
isn't necessary, and/or you may want to save the 1/2lb in weight, by which
Fiberspar claims their 1-peice masts are lighter than the corresponding
2-piece. Otherwise you may want a mast to exactly fit your smaller
sails. I like this mast though, so I would only swap if your mast was in
similar condition.

I am also looking for a 45cm Windsurfing Hawaii mast extension. This is in
case I don't manage to get a longer Fiberspar, in which case I would be
able to rig the Waddell on the Fiberspar with this extension.

And finally, I would like to know if there is a swap meet this weekend. I
know about the Helm of Sun Valley meet on 29 July, and the Windsurf
Warehouse meet on 5 August, but I want to try to get this stuff before
then.

Thanks
Mike

Michael L. Eglington