Re: Sunday Report from Crissy Field????

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jul 17 1995 - 14:38:10 PDT

Date: Mon, 17 Jul 1995 14:38:10 -0700
From: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Sunday Report from Crissy Field????

> Yep, Crissy was socked in when I went by there at 2:30 pm. The fog line
> was at Van Ness, and contrary to my friend's suggestions to go to
> Berkeley, I went to Third. It ripped at Berkeley, it was avg. 27 all
> afternoon. Third came up abruptly very westerly at 5:00 or so, and I
> sailed upwind to Coyote, op'd on my 5.5. Unfortunately, you had to drift
> out to the windline from the northern launch. It shut down just as
> abruptly about 6:15 after everyone was suckered into getting wet. It was
> better than nothing.

Actually, it didn't completely shutdown at 6:15, I launched at 6:30, and sailed
powered (not overpowered) on my 6.3 until about 7:00pm, when it really started
to get flukey. I planed/slogged/drifted back to the 3rd launch. Very strange
direction to sail (230), the reaches were straight up the bay. North bay was
definitely the place to be yesterday.

~Jim