Re: Natural Bridges Info Please

From: Will Estes (westes@usc.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jul 12 1995 - 16:58:11 PDT

From: Will Estes <westes@usc.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Natural Bridges Info Please
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 1995 16:58:11 -0700 (PDT)

'Michael Schuh says:'
> I have never sailed Natural Bridges. Where do you park? Do you
> need any special equipment or will my Third Ave equipment work
> fine?

Park in the normal parking lot, then walk about 1/8 mile to the beach.
It's a good place to have a cart or something to haul your gear.

There is a huge dead spot for about 200-300 yards, after which you hit
the windline big-time. There are huge kelp beds on either side of the
sailing area, and if you get caught in them you will resemble the
creature from the Black Lagoon quickly. So hit that windline before
you get blown downwind and into the kelp.

--
Will Estes                              U.S. Computer
Internet: westes@usc.com-DeleteThis                POB 3150