coyote sat

From: Jeff Hodges (hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jul 12 1995 - 10:17:34 PDT

Subject: coyote sat
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 95 10:17:34 -0700
From: Jeff Hodges <hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis>

> kirk sez...
> Sat Coyote Pt 6.2/9'6" @ 2PM Powered to too much board for an hour
> Switched to CFlex and was perfect from 3-3:30 and then it shut down and
> I slogged in to the swimming area at 4 and went home.

well, it was better for us lighter gize :) I rigged 6.8/9'0 (150#) at 130p.
Had a lot of fun. was just powered on the inside and way powered out by the
channel markers. then it built, and I came in at 300 to rig my 5.2/8'8, but it
died off at 330 like kirk sez....but, it didn't completely die. I took the
6.8/9'0 back out at 400 and headed up the bay nicely powered. ended up a ways
out off candlestick. What a nice run. just beautiful out. there seemed to be a
wind line up there (do the hills beyond the stick block it off?), I planed
north of it, but realized it was a flood and figured I'd have to slog back,
turned around, was right, but only had to sorta slog for 10min or so back to
wind line, and then was powered all way back to coyote. what a blast. got back
at 500. spent another hour btwn the beach & channel markers before calling it
an evening.

Jeff