Re: 3rd Ave donation request

From: Randy Anderson (randy52@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Sat Jun 24 1995 - 08:39:55 PDT

Date: Sat, 24 Jun 1995 08:39:55 -0700
From: randy52@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis (Randy Anderson )
Subject: Re: 3rd Ave donation request
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

The 6/17 3rd Ave clean-up and work day was a big success (in spite of
no wind). In addition to removing hazardous junk, and sandbagging the
end of the main launch ramp (materials to be paid for by Foster City)
we put down about 4 tons of gravel, effectively doubling the rigging
area. SFBA fronted the money for the gravel, which cost $466, on the
condition that I get the locals to pay it back. SFBA also paid for the
safety info sign and most of the food and drink for the clean-up, to
the tune of about $300. SFBA cannot afford to permanently absorb these
outlays.

At the event I passed the hat and collected $311, which was generous on
the part of those who attended, but still well short of the goal and
only a drop in the bucket in terms of the number of people who use the
site. You know how much you use and enjoy the site, and how much you
have invested in gear. Make an investment in the place and the people
who make it happen!

GIVE AT LEAST $10, PREFERRABLY $20, TO HELP PAY FOR THE GRAVEL AND
OTHER IMPROVEMENTS. YOU CAN GIVE THE $ TO ME OR BILL LENNAN AT THE
SITE, OR SEND IT TO SFBA, 1592 UNION ST., S.F. 94123, WITH A NOTE THAT
ITS FOR 3RD AVE. IMPROVEMENTS.

While you're at it, if you haven't already, send another $10 in for
your annual SFBA membership or renewal. Use the official membership
form if you have it, otherwise just write the pertinent information
legibly on a sheet of paper, including name, address, phone(s), new or
renewing, peninsula chapter, and E-mail address if possible. SFBA
volunteers are doing their best to improve the response and maintenance
of memberships and timliness of newsletters.

Thanks for helping!
Randy Anderson