Thanks for bay sailing info

From: Bryan \ (bo3b@rahul.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jun 16 1995 - 18:54:23 PDT

Date: Fri, 16 Jun 1995 18:54:23 -0700
From: "Bryan \"Bo3b\" Johnson" <bo3b@rahul.net-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Thanks for bay sailing info

  I just wanted to thank everyone for the info on sailing in
the bay. This has been quite informative. I've been very
frustrated with bay sailing, although the wind is so much
more steady and common there. Understanding that both the
board and technique make a big difference will help my next
attempts immeasurably.

  Next demo, something short and small, with a sail that just
gets me waterstarted. Should provide a huge contrast to the
stuff I've tried so far.
  I'm planning on buying a smaller board for bay use, but I
can't stand to buy stuff that I don't understand. My goal is to
sail on the bay in a state of elation instead of fear.

  Previously it was my impression that sailing the bay was just
like sailing a flat water lake, just with smaller equipment. Now
I know that you do take an active role in jump suppression, and
my cool stiff legged speed stance isn't going to work. I now
know that what I thought was chop is actually swell, and any
board will go flying if you don't prejump it.

  Thanks very much for your help,
  bo3b@rahul.net-DeleteThis