Re: Gorge Trip

From: Robert L Indig (rlindig@ccgate.dp.beckman.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jun 14 1995 - 17:43:35 PDT

Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 16:43:35 -0800 (pst)
From: Robert L Indig <rlindig@ccgate.dp.beckman.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Gorge Trip
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Cc: rlindig@ccgate.dp.beckman.com-DeleteThis
Encoding: 36 Text

The best thing is to obtain a Gorge Guide. That lists the different lodging
options, including camping. There are some nice campgrounds. Near Hood River
there is Viento (7 miles east of Hood), Tucker ( a few miles south of Hood) and
Mamaloose (sp?) (10 miles east). Further out east is Maryhill. That one has
great sailing right at the park. The Gorge Guide has detailed descriptions of
all of these as well as property management companies for short term rentals.

White Salmon is across the river from Hood. It certainly is close by. My
recommendation is for your first Gorge trip to stay right in Hood. It is nice
to hang out with all of the other boardheads in town.

If you have only a couple of people you might want to consider a B & B. They
probably are a little more expensive than a shared rental. My favorite is the
State Street Inn. I'll be there the week of July 9.