Re: Looking for a used board

From: Patrick Wang (pwang@3do.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Jun 06 1995 - 13:28:45 PDT

Date: Tue, 6 Jun 95 13:28:45 PDT
From: pwang@3do.com-DeleteThis (Patrick Wang)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Looking for a used board

>> From listserv@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis Mon Jun 5 20:08:44 1995
>> Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 20:07:44 -0700
>> Sender: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
>> From: Will Estes <westes@usc.com-DeleteThis>
>> To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
>> Subject: Re: Looking for a used board
>>
>> 'Patrick Wang says:'
>> > As a first year shortboarder,
>> > I'm finally feeling comfortable on my Astro Rock 9'4" 125 liters.
>> > I'd like to retire it from being my "one-and-only" board,
>> > to becoming my "light-wind" slalom board.
>> >
>> > I'm sailing this year mostly at 3rd and Coyote.
>> > I demo'd some of the new no-noses, but kind of like the
>> > "classic" shapes, higher volume until I get a little better.
>> >
>> > I'm looking to buy a used E-rock or Screamer.
>>
>> Skip the E-rock. Nice board, but it's not in Bic's top line.
>> Screamer is an awesome board, but it's big for an every day board on
>> the Bay. I would stick to something around 8'10". I have a Bic Tempo
>> that I would like to sell, if you are interested.

Hi Will,

Thanks for the the advice. It seems to concur with other
mail that I'm getting. Either the Tempo's an ideal board, or there
are a lot of Tempo's out there sitting in garages waiting for
new owners. Actually I believe the former.

I seen a variety of Tempo's at Windsurf Warehouse, and out of the water a 3rd.
Could you tell me something about yours. I noticed some models have
the built in deck pads, adjustable footstraps, TrimBox fin, Red/Blue graphics.
I definitely interested, how much might you want ?

I bought two used cars already from owners who made me swear to take good care
of their beloved cars. I promise the board would only wear out from overuse.
Do I get a discount for everytime you see it in the water ?

- Pat