Re: Palo Alto, 6/1

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jun 02 1995 - 16:57:50 PDT

Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 16:57:50 -0700
From: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Palo Alto, 6/1

> so I didn't rig down even though I came in to rest a bit. Saw the clouds
> heading overhead at around 6:35, so I headed in, planed almost all the
> way to the dock. It died completely within fifteen minutes. Late
> arrivals got stuck doing the hulla and walking through the mud.

Yeah, I was one of the late arrivals that got stuck! I knew the clouds
meant trouble, but just had to go out and check it out! I was on my
5.0 Rushwind Convert and my 8'10" bump/jump. Absolutely wound for
about 10 minutes, then it shut off. Could barely waterstart, but not
enough wind to keep my 225lbs on top of that 8'10". Bummer. I could
touch, so I kind of flew the sail while I tredded mud all the way in.
Took me about 45 minutes. First time at Palo Alto. Sucked.

~Jim