Davenport Wed (The Big Country)

From: Benjamin_Cristi@Novell.COM-DeleteThis
Date: Thu May 11 1995 - 08:30:22 PDT

From: Benjamin_Cristi@Novell.COM-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk%opus.hpl.hp.com@sjf-dhub.sjf.novell.com-DeleteThis
Date: 11 May 95 08:30:22 PDT
Subject: Davenport Wed (The Big Country)

5/10 I sailed from 4:30-6:00pm, clean, logo high surf with huge sets,
over mast high. Early on while the tide was low, the sets were
occasionally closing out across the channel. I have never seen more
gear trashed in one session than today (mostly broken masts and ripped
sails). I was fortunate to suffer only minor board damage after eating it
and losing my rig on an over mast high closeout. Except for a long swim
in from 6-6:20pm, I had a blast.

About 10-15 sailors were out. I was on a 4.7, overpowered outside, but
just right on the waves. The larger waves were setting up real nice,
allowing long rides down the line. YAHOO!

Ben