Re: RE: Tomales 3.0 dawn to dusk

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue May 09 1995 - 08:02:51 PDT

Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 08:02:51 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: RE: Tomales 3.0 dawn to dusk

Mike,
I'd like some "Windsight Performance Info" also.

Sat 5/6 I was told that Windsight was calling for an early blow and that it
would shut off early. Since it wasn't blowing at 2PM at Coyote/3rd I
decided to not go up and yet the wind became decent as usual between 4and5
PM at Coyote. I don't need a forecast to predict that it will blow
6.2-6.9 at Coyote between 4 and 6PM when it is warm and still in the S.
Bay without any major haze at 2PM and it is cool on the coast.

Mike, can you give us what Windsight was predicting for the last 2 weeks
and then compare it to actual data? I might sign up if it is better
than my predictions....

thanks
Kirk out
ASD epoxy: 8'8" RKT, 8'11" CS & 9'6" no-nose CS; Mistral CFlex & Malibu
Wt 213#, Ht. 6'0", Usually sail on SF Bay, Cailf.
(kirk_lindstrom@sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)