Tue sailing at 3d

From: Jeff Hodges (hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed May 03 1995 - 08:56:59 PDT

Subject: Tue sailing at 3d
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Cc: tomb@peer.com-DeleteThis, Geoff Chase <chase@goliath.stanford.edu-DeleteThis>, Liz Chapman <bl.liz@rlg.stanford.edu-DeleteThis>, Jeanne Delaney <LUS.DEV.JMD@E.LPCH.STANFORD.EDU-DeleteThis>
Date: Wed, 03 May 95 08:56:59 -0700
From: Jeff Hodges <hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis>

I got to 3d a little after 3 to find some folks rigging and watching a guy that
was out on a 5.7/8'6 rig. Someone mentioned that it was a little holey and
there were others out on >= 6.0. It looked flattish, but there were nice
whitecaps. So I rigged up my 6.2/9'0 epoxy combo (150#) and was on the water a
bit after 3:30. The guy on the 5.7 had come back in saying it had dropped a bit
and his board was too small if anything. I was planing fairly quickly and
headed out to the channel marker. The wind dropped off in the channel and I
headed back, again on plane once past the marker. I played in that area for 30
min or so when it seemed to come up a notch, and I headed back out across the
channel. Was very nice all the way across and didn't look like any gaps as far
as I wanted to go. Sailed until 6:15 with one short break. Had a blast. The rig
was perfect for the conditions, love that sail (new-to-me '92 windwing race
pro). The wind was going up & down a little and there were several times when
others were slogging as I planned past. It was beautiful out. Painfully clear
visibility all up & down the bay, reasonably warm, bright sunshine. Way nice
afternoon.

Jeff