Re: Re: Nuclear 3rd...

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Apr 21 1995 - 11:45:32 PDT

Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 11:45:32 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: pierre@interval.com-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Re: Nuclear 3rd...

> There were also a lot of chaotic waves compared to the usual swells, which
> bring me to the question: what is the local wisdom as to the best kind of
> fins to use in these conditions? It looks like a slotted fin might be worth
> it, despite the added drag.

I've had good luck with an Angulo slotted wave fin on those days as well
as a "HotDog"fin. ANY fin smaller will help alot. There are several
other swept wave fins that are very good like the Ian Boyd fin and the
"old standard fin that everyone has...." just very small can get em at a
swap and sand out.....

BTW, an 8'6" has got to be a BARGE for you when 4.0 and under....

> Pierre St Hilaire
Kirk out
ASD epoxy: 8'8" RKT, 8'11" CS & 9'6" no-nose CS; Mistral CFlex & Malibu
Wt 213#, Ht. 6'0", Usually sail on SF Bay, Cailf.
(kirk_lindstrom@sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)