Tues Davenport Report (Can you say "nukin"?)

From: Benjamin_Cristi@Novell.COM-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Apr 19 1995 - 08:25:09 PDT

From: Benjamin_Cristi@Novell.COM-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk%opus.hpl.hp.com@sjf-dhub.sjf.novell.com-DeleteThis
Date: 19 Apr 95 08:25:09 PDT
Subject: Tues Davenport Report (Can you say "nukin"?)

A wild day for the gorgeheads. I was on a Zeta 3.5, way overpowered
on the outside. Logo to mast high surf. Up to 15 foot swells on the
outside that were so steep you'd get launched, even if you didn't want
to. It was kinda neat, getting launched, then looking down at the water
and watching yourself get blown sideways. I had to turn the board
downwind more than normal to compensate. I sailed from 4:50 - 6:00pm.

So where was everybody??? There were 2 other sailors on the water
till about 5:15. I was alone until another sailor came out around 5:40.
When I was sailing outside, I looked upwind and saw that hwy 1 at
Scotts was packed with cars, but I couldn't see how many were actually
sailing.

See ya,
Ben Cristi
(145 lbs, 8'2" and 8'6" wave boards)