Re: speaking of safety packs...

From: mchapman@wcdf.viewlogic.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue Apr 04 1995 - 15:19:48 PDT

Date: Tue, 4 Apr 95 15:19:48 PDT
From: mchapman@wcdf.viewlogic.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: speaking of safety packs...

> ..I'm pulling mine together and am curious about what and where to get
> the actual pack itself to carry all the little bits in. I believe I want
> something to attach to my harness, altho Peter Liu has uses a fanny pack
> (non-mesh) that he sez works fine (others have had problems with them
> inadvertently opening upon a backside impact). Suggestions?

I use a fanny pack from Neil Pryde and it works fine. Its about the
size of the standard wedge-shaped pack, just big enough for a wetsuit
cap, strobe, knife and some line. For drainage, I put a bunch of
small holes in the bottom with a pencil soldering iron.

Windsurf Warehouse can special order it, if they're not stocking them
yet (that's what I did.) I forget the product number, but I think
Neil Pryde only makes one type. It was about $20.