Sunday Sailing

From: LafingGuy@AOL.COM-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Feb 13 1995 - 17:13:00 PST

Date: Mon, 13 Feb 1995 20:13:00 -0500
From: LafingGuy@AOL.COM-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Sunday Sailing

Wow, what a sesh
Started around 4PM Wooly on a 4.0, Dennis on a 4.5, me on a no batten 6.3, we
sailed for about an hour as St. Lukes, then went looking for better wind. We
finally arrived at the FC rec center, no one out, wind, I'm not sure, I can't
measure at that speed. We rigged quickly & sailed untill after 7PM. It was a
great sail practice session; heli-tacks, duck jibes, 360's, tail first jibes,
figure 8 races, just a blast. Oh yeah, we were on 36" & 42" skateboards. If
you want a GREAT light wind trainer, I highly recommend it. Old beat sails,
booms, masts are a must, the loading a rig takes hitting the pavement pretty
much ruins any chance that I will ever take it to the water again. The sail
handling practice will make you feel like Ian.
Hopefully we'll see some storm wind soon.
B)