Re: Tide Data

From: kenb@hpindck.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue Dec 13 1994 - 16:24:41 PST

To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Tide Data
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 94 16:24:41 -0800
From: kenb@hpindck.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis

shrEd wonders:
> Just curious whether anyone actually uses tide data for anything? I
> usually rely upon current data (slack, peak ebb and peak flood times)
> rather than high/low tides. Except for places like Palo Alto, which
> becomes inaccessible, or Third Ave, which sometimes becomes a bit muddy,
> I don't usually use the tide data for anything. Does anyone else?

Well, I'd say that, with the exception of Coyote, CandleStink, and Oyster,
every place I sail on the Peninsula *is* unsailable, or at least prone to
fin-eating sandbars, at some tide levels that occur during the season.
I definitely factor tide level into my choice of launch site. So I'd
cast a vote for making the tide level, as well as current, available.

Ken Brown /\ SnailMail: Hewlett-Packard
kenb@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis /\ ..... /\ 19420 Homestead Road
Voice: (408) 447-3089 //\\ @_/ ..... /\ MS 43LT
Fax: (408) 447-3660 //\\ ./K .... //\\ Cupertino CA 95014
                             ^-~-~^ ||

***************** "Who needs some stupid quote here, anyway?" *****************