Rio Windreport

From: KES2%CnoFfIoc%CTS@bangate.pge.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri Nov 18 1994 - 15:37:56 PST

Date: Fri, 18 Nov 94 15:37:56 PST
From: KES2%CnoFfIoc%CTS@bangate.pge.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Rio Windreport

Here's the Rio report for today:

Drove out this morning, wind was very northerly, drove out to sherman to
take a peek. Sherman wasn't really sailable as the wind was coming from NNW
straight over the hills, so your reach would be straight up and down the river
at powerlines or the access. Got out the ole wind gauge at 'the sign' stood
on the levy: Steady 50mph !, gust were ??? don't know as my gauge only goes up
to 60, but the gusts were definitely pegging the meter.

Drove to Windy Cove, sailed a 8'3" /3.2 over-powered to over-over-powered.
Swells were chest high on the Rio side of the river, wind was amazingly steady
for such windy conditions. Sailed from 10:15 until noon when I decided I was
too cold to sail any more. By the time I left, the wind had dropped off a
notch, but was still blowing in the sub 4.0 range for most.

where's that sub 8'0" board when you need it?

KenSonoda (kes2@pge.com-DeleteThis)