Re: REMINDER: Organizing Coyote Pt. Windsurfers...

From: Jeff Hodges (hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Nov 18 1994 - 13:39:29 PST

Subject: Re: REMINDER: Organizing Coyote Pt. Windsurfers...
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 94 13:39:29 -0800
From: Jeff Hodges <hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis>

Since we overlooked to have someone officially publish some minutes, I'll take
an unofficial stab at 'em ;) .....

We decided to look into forming a club for peninsula windsurfers with the
intention of being an USWA chapter as is SFBA and the RioVista club. Peter Liu
is president protem. Folks volunteered to be on a safety subcommitte. Order of
business there will be to look into the various safety/rescue issues and come
up with an overall approach with short- and longer-term steps (I'm on it). This
should include coordinating with the folks thinking about the same issues at 3d
(e.g. Buck Lyons & Vela). I felt there was an implied sentiment last night that
this club wouldn't necessarily focus exclusively on coyote -- rather it would
be on peninsula sailing in general. It will depend heavily on who all gets
involved and what sailing sites they are personally innarested in.

We plan to have another meeting thur 26-Jan at Peter's Cafe. We will meet there
until/if we overflow the facilities. Proposed agenda for the next mtg is safety
committee report, (maybe) election of officers, volunteer slide show (bring
your favorite sailing slides and/or pictures to share. e.g. this winter's
sailing vacation, last season's high spots, etc), and planning for more social
events. Peter is thinking of having a beginning-of-season swap at the Cafe in
late Feb before the season gets crankin'. We passed the hat and collected $ to
defray the cost of mailing a newsletter/mtg announcement before the next
meeting. We created an attendee's list, will mail the announcement to folks on
the list, and distribute copies in the area shops.

the event was organized by...

peter liu (@ peter's cafe) ph 415-697-2434 (club pres protem)
                                fx 415-692-0717
Sherrie Styer ph 408-395-4956
Lori Rhodes ph 415-712-9463
                                fx 415-712-9033

The implied proposed name for the club is "Peninsula Windsurfers". This info is
from a flyer they were distributing last night.

Lori is handling the membership list. I volunteer to collect via email names &
addresses of those who weren't there & wish to be added (until lori gets her
internet connection in a month or so :). Send the info to hodges@stanford.edu.-DeleteThis
Else call Lori directly.

Mucho thanks to these folks, and Prescott Lee, for their efforts on organizing
this. Also extra thanks to Peter for the use of his fine facilities and
providing beverages. Folks seemed to have a good time -- much catching up and
swapping of sailing stories -- and many enjoyed the Cafe's fine food. It was a
good time.

Jeff