Re: 3rd ave sensor design

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Sep 28 1994 - 22:27:36 PDT

Date: Wed, 28 Sep 1994 22:27:36 -0700
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re:  3rd ave sensor design

> I asked my friend, Carlos Schuler, about the buoy idea and pointed out that
> the buoy may move around due to the tides.

Right, so we use only the fixed channel markers. Buoys would definately be
too mobile a target (and possibly not stable enough for the anemometer,
too much in the spray, etc).

At 3rd, we have a marker in the perfect location already. At Coyote,
we could put one on the outer channel marker by the harbor. In this
case, the distance to the harbor master's office is only a quarter mile
away.

"The situation is hopeless, but not yet desperate."
                                        -- Russian proverb