Re: Neil Pryde Mark IV Race 5.5

From: Will Estes (westes@usc.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Sep 15 1994 - 00:19:34 PDT

From: Will Estes <westes@usc.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Neil Pryde Mark IV Race 5.5
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 1994 00:19:34 -0700 (PDT)

'Paul Delzio says:'
> I am looking for a (1994) Neil Pryde Mark IV Race 5.5 Sail. Anyone have one they
> are interested in selling or know of someone please RSVP. Home number
> 415-337-6248.

You should have been at the Windsurf Warehouse swap meet last Saturday. I
was sitting next to a guy who was selling a beautiful 5.5 NP MK III or IV
for only $200! He did not get a single serious buyer. No, I don't have
his name or phone.

On a related note, I have decided that swap meets are mostly a waste of
time for the seller. Everyone buying wants to pay $100, no matter what you
are selling. Some idiot actually offered me $60 for a very good condition
1993 Fiberspar boom, and no one else made any offer at all. A guy next to
me was selling a Tempo for $500, and he did not get a single offer. I know
it is end-of-the-season, but the swaps I attended in May were not really much
different. The only reason to go to one of these things is to buy or to
socialize. Selling on the net, or through consignment in a shop, is better.

--
Thanks,
Will Estes              Internet: westes@usc.com-DeleteThis