Re: windsurf family at 3rd on Saturday

From: Will Estes (westes@usc.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 22 1994 - 14:25:08 PDT

From: Will Estes <westes@usc.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: windsurf family at 3rd on Saturday
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 1994 14:25:08 -0700 (PDT)

'Jonathan Hahn says:'
> At 3rd Saturday at around 6PM by the blue tanks was a large Airstream
> (mobile home) and 2 bronco-like vehicles, each pulling very large
> trailers jam packed with windsurfing gear. The trailers looked like
> 4-horse horse trailers from the outside. There appeared to be what
> looked like a Mom, and Dad and a shapely windsurferette and I heard a
> dog bark somewhere. Does anyone know what the story behind all this
> is? It was the largest mobile assemblage of equipment that I have seen
> so far.

I have seen what may be the same family at Rio at Powerlines before, and
yes it was a pretty impressive collection of gear. This was about two
years ago, Personally I want to date the windsurfette just so I can have
access to Dad's windsurfing equipment. :) :)

> Sunday at Coyote was great too. It was 4.5 in the channel
> (unfortunately I had a 5.0 but survived), but very light inside. A lot
> of people gave up and went home early (before 5PM) and missed the
> strong wind outside.

Then again, you could have gone to Third and had the windline 10 yards off
the launch....

Sunday at Third was pretty strange, with the wind coming up and down pretty
substantially. Luckily I've learned to rig big in such circumstances, and
the 5.7 Northwave Race I was on handled down to 5.0 without any problem, and
most of the time I found myself pretty underpowered. I continue to be
incredibly impressed by the Northwave's range and decent power on the low
end. I never came off a plane for more than a few moments all day long,
and on a day like Sunday that is really saying something.

--
Thanks,
Will Estes              Internet: westes@usc.com-DeleteThis