Re: Any wind lately? (fwd)

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Aug 18 1994 - 16:25:50 PDT

Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 16:25:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Any wind lately? (fwd)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>

> On Thu, 18 Aug 1994, Kirk Lindstrom wrote:
>

> > Subject: Any wind lately?
> >
> > I haven't windsurfed in a week. Buying a house....
> > Anyway, yesterday looked very poor at Coyote. Anyone
> > sail 3rd or PaloAlto? Is there enough water to sail
> > Palo Alto? My big board is in the shop----hit a shark
> > or something on a downwind run and split the finbox
> > leaving the fin bent back 45 degees, one screw bent and
> > the other pulled through the deck. Didn't get launched since
> > I had my front foot pushing hard to go fast off the wind.
> > Anyway, without a big board, I'm leary of driving up
> > and not having enough wind...
> >
> > thanks
> > Kirk

Hey gang - just a followup and a 4:20 pm update. Looks like Sherman might
be the place to be for the next couple of days. My pager tells me that
it's blowing between 18-36, avg 27, and it's been increasing approx 5 for
the last .5 hour or so (I love this CoTW pager - review post to follow in
the future). Might actually get to sail the new board! (btw, I bought
the ASD pintail for all you that suggested - thanks).

Sorry for the extra consumption of bandwidth, but I thought some of you
contemplating the Bay might want to make the drive to Sherman. Looks
like I'll be going there Saturday if the conditions persist.

Happy shredding!

-shrEd
Ed Scott
shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis