stolen equipment

From: Chris Kogelnik (kogelnik@gomer.esd.sgi.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 08 1994 - 14:11:46 PDT

Date: Mon, 8 Aug 94 14:11:46 -0700
From: kogelnik@gomer.esd.sgi.com-DeleteThis (Chris Kogelnik)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: stolen equipment

A reminder to watch your stuff, unfortunately!

Stolen at Candlestick, from the rigging area, on Sunday at about 1:00:

Sailworks red and blue Synchro 5.0
Sailworks 4UD Carbon Plus Mast
Red Chinook booms
Streamline base

This equipment belongs to a friend and was 3 days old and was never used. Needless
to say he is very bummed! May the thief be forever skunked when trying to use it.
It was rigged and left close to the fence and the parking lot. The thief
had some guts, and was most likely watching as there was a group of us in the
area. If you have any information, like someone trying to sell you this stuff,
please call 415-390-2126.

Also, someone left a wetsuit at Candlestick Sunday evening. Call the above number
to claim it.

On the brighter side, I took the Cort Larned gibe clinic this weekend and can now
make consistent pivot gibes and even hit a few carving step gibes, one on a full
plane both into and out of the gibe! The clinic was initially supposed to take
place at in Rio Vista, but since there was absolutely no wind, we picked up and
went to Candlestick, which was blowing Saturday and was holey and marginal
Sunday.

Chris