Re: NO ACCESS at old 3ed launch

From: John Recker (John.Recker@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Sun Jul 10 1994 - 19:49:02 PDT

Date: Mon, 11 Jul 1994 10:49:02 +0800
From: John.Recker@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (John Recker)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: NO ACCESS at old 3ed launch

>I sailed 3ed on 7/8/94 and returned to my car parked at the old
>launch site and found a parking violation notice on my car.

They did the same thing on Saturday 7/9 - at least they placed warnings
on all of the cars placed along the fence on the access road to the new
parking area (which was solid cars on both sides of the road
mid-afternoon). One thing worth noting is that they did *not* place a
warning on my car which was parked off the access road on the left
prior to the start of the left side fence. Thus it's possible that this
is a legal alternative to the parking area when the parking area is
full (there are no no parking signs in this area).

BTW, did anyone ask the police when they will start issuing tickets
instead of warnings? I usually get to 3rd 4:30-5:00 and it is rare that
I get to park in the parking area proper. Also, if anyone hears of any
foster city meetings on the issue, please let this alias know - I'd
really like to continue sailing 3rd (and now that Luigi has told the
world what a wonderfull place the ol'e dump is to sail, I doubt I'll
ever get to park in the parking lot! ;).

jr