Saturday 5/14/94 Reports

From: ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Sat May 14 1994 - 23:53:48 PDT

From: ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis
Sender: "ShreddinEd" <ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Sun, 15 May 94 02:53:48 EDT
Subject: Saturday 5/14/94 Reports

A solicitation for other reports from today. I was just curious if it was
honkin'
everywhere else like it was at Oyster. It was very fun, but also, very
weird.

I got there at 2:45 pm. The Bay was already totally whitecapped out. Robyn
tells me that it came up suddenly just before I arrived. I rig 4.0 (180
lbs). No
one's on the water yet (came up too fast), but everyone who rigged 4.5 is
re-thinking the situation. Carla (approx. 100 lbs) goes out on 3.0 and Todd
(190) goes out on 4.3. Mike and Tom, being the big bruisers they normally
are, rig 5.0 and 5.5. Good luck guys!

I can barely make it across the lagoon. Tail-walkin' all the way. Have some
fun until 5:20 pm when, just as abruptly as it started, the wind machine
shuts off. I have to slog back to shore on my 4.0. The Bay turns to glass
just as I hit the beach.

Did it happen as abuptly everywhere else? Shoreline still reported 29
gustin' to 35 at 5:30, but at 250. At Oyster, 6.0 won't even get you out.

Hope Sunday's as good!

-shrEd
Ed Scott
ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis