Thanks for helping cleanup 3rd Ave!

From: grundler@hposl21.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon May 02 1994 - 10:06:27 PDT

To: wind_talk@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Thanks for helping cleanup 3rd Ave!
Date: Mon, 02 May 94 10:06:27 -0700
From: grundler@hposl21.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis

I just wanted to pass on how things went at the 3rd Ave cleanup.

Kudos to:
Bob "Mudball" Prevett - On his own, he pulled out *26* tires!
        (my apologies for not showing up Sunday to help load the truck.
         My wife didn't want to sail at 3rd...)

Lynn Pruit and Wendy Menkin - Brought wheelbarrow to move gravel!

Trahn, Owen, Dennis, Greg, and a bunch of other people whose
names I didn't get. About 8-10 people helped clean up the water access
and another 6 or so helped spread gravel...25 tons.

Last but not least:
Randy Andersen for organizing gravel and initially paying for it out
of his pocket. SFBA will reimburse him for most of it but he has started
a "gravel" fund - suggesting $10 contributions and most people at the
cleanup contributed. He also brought his trusty pinchbar for moving
boulders. Best of all he brought salad, ketchup, mustard, onions,
hamburger and of course the grill to cook on.

The first thing we did was pull out the dishwasher (Bruce didn't want
it - said it wouldn't match his oak kitchen... ;^) which I had thought
might be a 'fridge. We also pulled out a helmet, some electric cables,
a muffler, motorcycle tailight assembly, and some PVC pipe. Things
got serious with two water heaters and several small *buckets* of
broken glass and corroded metal pieces.

Folks, thanks for showing up and making 3rd Ave a safer and clean place!

grant
Grant Grundler
grundler@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis

ps. ken p. - if appropriate, feel free to cross post to other lists.
             (I wasn't sure...)

------- End of Forwarded Message