Re: Kurse of the KenB

From: Will Estes (westes@usc.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Apr 28 1994 - 19:02:10 PDT

From: Will Estes <westes@usc.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: Kurse of the KenB
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 19:02:10 -0700 (PDT)

'Ken Poulton says:'
> Aside from avoiding the wrath of KenB's Kurse, can anyone figure out what
> I should look at to avoid repeating this fiasco? NWS is no help - they
> called for 17 knots this afternoon, and apparently got it - at SFO, but
> not at Coyote.

Bet one of Micro Forecasts sensors would have caught this one. (Sorry,
couldn't resist. :)

In any case, the day after a front clears out, if there are no clearing
winds, there is usually reverse air flow as the high begins to build in the
Pacific. April is a so-so month as it is, so put those the time of year
and the previous weather pattern together and....

My guess is that tomorrow may be okay toward late evening. But Saturday
and Sunday are the days to watch.

--
Thanks,
Will Estes              Internet: westes@usc.com-DeleteThis