Re: Equipment rentals on Maui

From: Alex Pang (pang@cse.ucsc.edu-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Apr 27 1994 - 17:33:07 PDT

Date: Wed, 27 Apr 1994 17:33:07 -0700
From: Alex Pang <pang@cse.ucsc.edu-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Equipment rentals on Maui

> From: mls@ingres.com-DeleteThis
> Subject: Re: Equipment rentals on Maui
>
> I am going to Maui with three other people in June, and
> we were wondering where to rent equipment for 9 days. We
> will have cars and plan to take the equipment to various
> places; however we will be most likely limit ourselves to
> flat water sailing. Anyone's experience, suggestions, etc
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks Alot,
>
> Michael Schonberg
> mls@ingres.com-DeleteThis

i rented from windrigger maui when i was there.
they have mistral boards and waddell sails.
their normal fees are $50/day which included
2 sails (you can come back and exchange them too).
don't have info on discounts for extended rentals.
if you have the 'entertainment book' for hawaii
there's 50% off or 2-for-1 coupons that you could
use. i borrowed a friends book of coupons which
i think he purchased for about $20. pretty good
deal -- it's got coupons for places to eat too.

there's tons of other rental places. don't remember
them off hand, one has nice custom boards even.
just look up the yellow pages when you get there.

alex