ASD 9'3" for Sale

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Apr 21 1994 - 07:17:13 PDT

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 1994 07:17:13 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: ASD 9'3" for Sale

For Sale: 1991 ASD 9'3" Epoxy Course Slalom

This is the shape of the vintage that are easy to sail compared to
the newer ASD Course Slalom shapes. Holds a 6.9 very well, ideal for
5.5-6.5 and I've sailed a 5.1 race and wave at the Gorge with it and
had loads of fun.

Full divinicel(SP?) construction unlike CFX where it can take a good
whack without breaking. Mast track has been replaced so it weighs
17 lbs with straps. VERY fast, KenP and most others of our equal
ability can't come close to me in speed on this board on starboard
tack, but they are a bit faster on Port tack since the shape is
flatter with harder rails limiting my speed into chop. I find the board
jibes as easily as a Presto and yet it is much faster.

Tuttle finbox. Straps, jump pads and 15.5" Blade(*) included for $650.
John @ ASD yesterday said I could get up to $800 for it with a new
coat of epoxy paint. Rob Hartman told me that the board is "one of
the sweetest Bob has ever built".

(*) I can substitute a large Tuttle pointer fin if you aren't ready
for sailing with a fast blade.

Kirk Lindstrom
408-435-6404 (7AM-3:30PM)