Re: south wind

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Jan 24 1994 - 16:46:47 PST

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 16:46:47 -0800
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: south wind

> Is the Pillar Point report a good measure of what is actually happening
> in the harbor? If not, by what factor is it off, +/-?

I'm not sure. I think the main problem is time delay - it is only
every 3 hours and it's usually more than an hour old when we get it.

> Is the water really much colder than in the summer? There should be
> much less upwelling in the winter.

I'd heard that the water is warmer in winter because of this,
but I don't really know. It's certainly colder than the Bay!

> Also, would a semi-dry 4-3
> O'Neill Windskin be enough? (with booties and hood, of course).

Yeah, that's about what mine is.

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do." -- Clint Eastwood