Rushwind Sails for Sale -- S.F. Bay Area

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Jan 18 1994 - 18:15:44 PST

Date: Tue, 18 Jan 1994 18:15:44 -0800
From: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Rushwind Sails for Sale -- S.F. Bay Area

CONSIDERING BUYING DISCOUNT MAIL ORDER SAILS TO SAVE MONEY?!
READ THIS FIRST!

'91 Custom Rushwind Slalom LE's FOR SALE!

        6.3 sq m Slalom LE $275.00
        5.7 sq m Slalom LE $275.00 $500.00 for pair

These sails were made for me in Rushwind's Custom Loft in Hood River.
They are a twin cambered slalom sails with 6 tubular battens. Dave
Russel was designing twist into his sails in 1991, and although they
don't have the extreme floppy leech of the latest sails (they do rig
with a loose leech), they have plenty of twist, and a *big* low end.
These are *powerful* sails that can take you as fast as you want to
go!

These custom sails were cut by computer for accuracy, and then hand
taped and stitched. All seams are triple stitched for durability. Both
sails are made of matching Teijin Mylar and monofilm. They will work
best on a 460/CC mast, with a MCS of 27.5 - 30.

I am selling them because I am upgrading to the '94 Rushwind World Cup
Race Sails.

Both sails are in excellent condition! The 6.3 has two patches on the
luff sock from mast breakage. Only the luff sock was damaged both
times.

I will be happy to rig the sails on your or my mast/booms. I can
arrange a demo to any interested persons when the wind starts up again
(S.F. Bay Area only)! Shipping can be arranged.

I can be contacted as follows:

email jpaugh@eng.sun.com-DeleteThis
voice (415) 336-4466
fax (415) 336-6015